In the future the National Centre in Sydney will become very important as I want to make Australia one of our main countries, a base for RigpaSogyal Rinpoche
In July 2015 Rigpa Australia bought the building that will become home to our National Centre. 158 Australia St Newtown, Sydney is an old church located in a beautiful park. It’s only a few train stops from the city and close to vibrant cafes, shops and Sydney University.
The Rigpa Australia National Centre will host:
- Rigpa’s core curriculum and practices, teaching meditation, compassion and Tibetan Buddhist philosophy
- teachings by eminent masters from all schools of Tibetan Buddhism
- a digital hub for streaming practices to other Rigpa centres and students around Australia
- Spiritual Care outreach to health practitioners
- Rigpé Yeshé children, families and youth education
- Practical Wisdom events for business and community leaders and
- training for Rigpa practitioners, instructors and care givers from around Australia and the region.
How You Can Help
The purchase of 158 Australia St was assisted by a loan from Social Enterprise Finance Australia and the building will require renovation. So our request to you is to donate to the tax-deductible building fund.
You can make a credit card donation by Clicking Here
If you are able to offer other practical assistance with building and design, or fundraising events, please contact our Project Director, Mara Bun at
/ 0448 848 860.
And please dedicate whatever practice you do to the successful fruition of this project.
Tax Deductible Donation
The National Centre is a project of the Rigpa Fellowship Building Fund, a deductible gift recipient (DGR) endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office – ABN: 62 003 584 385. ALL donations to the Rigpa Australia National Centre of $2 or more are tax deductible.